Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thesis Blog Post:

Identify the weak thesis statement:

1.)  B.
·      Sentence B relies on evidence and is arguable. It is short, yet straight to the point. It does not present a large summary.
2.)  B.
·      Sentence B is much more descriptive than sentence A. It gives the reader an idea of the main focus of the paper.
3.)  A.
·      Sentence A is much more original. It is definitely a statement directly from the author.
4.)  B.
·      Sentence B may raise argument and is very assertive. You are able to tell the statement relies on evidence.
5.)  B.
·      Sentence A is much more of a summary where as B is very descriptive but still remains right to the overall focus and point. It is both original and arguable.

My Thesis:

War is something that many people are unable to grasp and gain an understanding of; its effects are often overlooked. Sean Huze’s stance against the Iraqi war is broadcasted in his monologues thoroughly.

Why is this a good thesis?

I believe my thesis is arguable, some individuals may believe Huze is in support of the current war in Iraq. I am able to support my thesis using examples from the text and I feel as though it is original and stays right to the main point of my essay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment